WHAT IS STRESS? The body’s natural response to an internal or external stimulus. Generally known as the fight or flight response. The signs your body is responding to a stimuli are an increase in heart rate and rapid, shallow breathing. The body’s metabolism increases if you have not escaped the trigger. The triggers can be both positive and negative. This Fight or flight response was mankind’s method of survival, in the early days when the initial trigger i.e. hunting or being hunted by an animal. When this was over, man ate and rested which allowed the body to go into a rest and repair state. Today our lives are not so simple and we push ourselves to a state of chronic stress. This continual level of stress impairs one’s immune system.
Physical signs that stress is affecting your life:
- frequent illness,
- slow recovery from disease,
- hypersensitivity to irritants such as pollen,
- persistent rashes or headaches
- Persistent back and neck pain
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Racing pulse or heart palpitations
- Chronic fatigue
Healthy ways to deal with stress:
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables
- Regular exercise
- Yearly physical with your family physician or naturopath
- Identify the triggers and take action to find solutions that work for you -
By coming to my web site you have already started to take action, please follow this up with an appointment so that you can live the best life you want and deserve!